• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stu28stu

Probab;ly a dumb question

stu28stu

HI 

Collected 205's for ages not sure why we just have done , mainly the 1.9 diesels , 

Anyway  i have time on my hands so am starting a project with the idea of maybe doing some amatuer level of rallying, so all done in a safe way,

Would it be possible to fit a rx8 engine into the front of a 205 ?

i have my shell stripped out now just taken my 306 td engine out my 205 as i didnt like how i had run my inter-cooler pipes , and been thinking about putting a v6 in but not so convinced that would be a good 

engine to rally with / over heating and alot of torque. 

why a wankel well sound mainly - although my gut feeling is 13b rotary would be too wide for a 205 ,  as a fwd set up, 

stu28stu

However pointless my apologies they stopped producing the fwd gear boxes in the 70s so i guess impossible to do now.

well impossible if your not crazy rich ...

And i certainly dont have the budget of the Crazy French guy " Foucart " who had a 20b in the back of his 4wd 205 , 

With decent Peugeot engines being harder to get hold of now , are there any other suitable engines to consider ?

not looking for crazy high horse power , 

more about being strong and reliable engine  

Tom Fenton

Before you potentially build something you can't use, I'd recommend you look into which discipline you want to compete in, and then look at what the car regulations are, and build the car to suit the regs. Some are very specific so don't build something you then can't compete in.

stu28stu
17 minutes ago, Tom Fenton said:

Before you potentially build something you can't use, I'd recommend you look into which discipline you want to compete in, and then look at what the car regulations are, and build the car to suit the regs. Some are very specific so don't build something you then can't compete in.

Absolutely right ! 
mind just running free with all this spare time at home,

and would definitely not be looking to get serious more of a fun thing to do,

but then again everything has a set of rules I guess , 

welshpug

plenty of decent Peugeot engines about still, and easy enough to build a hybrid of some sort if more power is wanted, buy Tom is spot on, find the discipline and regs first.

stu28stu
1 hour ago, welshpug said:

plenty of decent Peugeot engines about still, and easy enough to build a hybrid of some sort if more power is wanted, buy Tom is spot on, find the discipline and regs first.

Hi

seen your replies on many posts forgive the direct msg , 

Do you know anyone that would still have any replacement top engine mounts for a v6 conversion? 

And being honest I have not committed either way to have the pug as a car that is legal to do an event or just a week end car for want of a better description,

maybe just being off work has given me too much time to think of silly ideas lol ! 

regards

stuart 

SRDT

There is a Matra Murena swaped with a transverse RX-7 engine so if you really want to you probably can:

http://www.maztra.nl/rotary_Eng.html

I know only two factory cars with a transverse Wankel: the Citroën GS and the Lada Samara.