• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mvh

1.6 gti wont idle at all

mvh

Hi to everyone, I hope your keeping well.

I've put the car back together with new oil breather hoses, fuel filter, fresh oil and filter, new coolant.

So I've set the TB up, done the 4 turns with the butterfly screw and left it alone, set the TPS up as Haynes manual instructs. Warmed the car up until the fan cut in twice (this had to be done with me balancing the throttle or it would stall).

I took the readings of TPS when the engine was hot, readings are as follows:

terminals 2 - 18 = 00.6 closed    1. open

terminals 3 - 18 = 1. closed     20.0 open

Looks to like 3 - 18 open isn't correct? It say's in the manual to replace the TPS if the correct readings can't be achieved.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Also after replacing the oil breather hoses the oil pressure gauge is not working? Not sure if I unplugged the sender and missed it while putting everything back together?

Could anyone tell me the location of the sender please?

Thank you.

Martin

mvh

Ok, after having found myself forced to take the car to someone who had many spares to try, they changed many parts on the car from airflow meters, to the dizzy to even taking out the fuel pump and testing that, turned out it was the ignition amplifier. The moment the ignition amplifier was replaced the car started perfectly! My partners car got written off after someone drove into the side of her, she is now having to use her 205 as her daily driver. The car ran great for about 2 weeks but now starts misfiring at low revs when hot. I ordered another ignition amp and while waiting for that to arrive I sent the dizzy off for a rebuild. The dizzy came back like brand new, stunning! Put the dizzy on checked the timing but it still misfires when hot, put on the other ignition amp today but still misfiring when hot. 

I would appreciate your thoughts on this .

Many thanks,

Martin