• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gsxrmick1984

Xu51c and xu5ja piston differences?

Gsxrmick1984

Hi. I have a xu51c 1.6 carb model which I am wanting to get a bit more power from. I have a 1.6 GTI head which I was going to fit and some better carbs. I thought the block was the same but apparently the pistons are different. Anyone know what the difference is? Is it a big enough difference that I'd be better sourcing some GTI pistons? 

Thanks 

DamirGTI

XU5C has different piston crown .. not the "moon shape" dish as on the XU5JA

Overall piston height is same , as well as the compression height .. it's just the crown/dish shape and depth difference .. with the XU5C having deeper dish (or flat , so without the dish) ..

Not so sure , as it was long time ago since i've seen XU5C head , but if i remember the head combustion chambers are also different on XU5C .. so , same round shape as the piston crowns without "moon shape" squish area ...

D

Screenshot from 2019-12-27 11-00-24.png

Screenshot from 2019-12-27 11-02-35.png

Edited by DamirGTI

Gsxrmick1984

Thanks for the info. I've been looking around and found this picture of a 205 with the same engine code with the head removed. It was in french but the pistons look similar to the gti pistons with the dish and not flat. I suppose it's probably a deeper dish like you say. I already have the head  so might fit it and see what happens. Don't suppose it can be worse with a gti head 1171173373_Screenshot_20191227-123554_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.78baadf425fc22d9b01c15f11775f11e.jpg