• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

mmt

Oil water plumbing?

mmt

Hi guys

Merry Christmas to all. Hoping the break Will allow a lot of hours in the garage. 

I am moving away from after market Oil Air cooler and want to fit the original Oil water cooler/heat Exchanger to My GTI6 engine. How do I do the plumbing? Where do the in and out water tubes from the oil heat exchanger Unit Go? Any drawings or pictures. 

is this of any use?

http://www.boutique-de-la-404.com/fr/equipement-moteur/1542-1343-e9-durite-sup-piquage-205.html

thanks. 

petert

Do you have the remote filter housing and oil-water exchanger which bolts to the gearbox? The hose above is correct. I recently purchased one.

The hoses in the pic are #10 Speedflow 400 Series Pushlock. You'd be lucky to find a good oem hose now.

205 GTi Oil cooler pipes.JPG

Edited by petert

Andy

In addition to the above, the water feed and return is via the radiator top hose. . There are two types, with the only difference being the length of the feed and return to the top hose. In the photo, you would use the one with the short feed and return. Some oil water heat exchangers fit underneath the original oil filter and hence need the hose with the longer feed and return. Baker BM do these hoses if you cannot find an o.e one .The one shown below has been shortened and bypassed , but you will get the idea. 

image.jpg

mmt

Thanks guys :-) really appreciated! 

@peter- no I did not get hold of the remote set up. I’ve Got an original GTI6 one which fits under the oilfilter. See pics (engine upside down).  

would the hose I linked fit you Think? 

B93B95D8-1534-4E52-9FC3-4A477023EBED.jpeg

9906ACD3-D300-4990-8DCC-139BEA665974.jpeg

petert

It would never reach. Also, if you have A/C, your oil filter will be hitting the radiator.

mmt

Links blocked by geofilter !!!! ? 

thanks Peter. I’ve no AC as it is a race car only. I’m thinking that I Could add some extra hose to that “Boutique de la 404” product to make the reach?

can’t really get My head around How the flow is right with both in and out from the top radiator hose? Would the water not just be standing still in the hoses? 

thanks again. 

petert

what is geofilter?

I'm sure you could extend the hoses. As you say, there's no guarantee you're getting continuous flow through the cooler.

mmmm........if it's a race car, I'd stick with the aftermarket oil-air cooler. Or is it getting too cold?

SRDT

On the OEM hoses there is a restriction in the middle of the plastic part, you may not find that in every "racing" silicone hose.

mmt

Thanks guys. 

The original hoses from the 306 gti exchanger goes to 1) top radiator hose 2) ? 

do you know Where the other hose goes to ? 

I’ll test if it is Enough cooling. Been using Air to Oil coolers for ages and want to try out something new.