• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

valve cover bolt washers

DamirGTI

Anyone knows which part No. is for the oil sealing (made out of bakelite i guess ?) washers which go under the three rocker cover bolts on a 8v ?

Only time i found some where when i ordered full engine or head gasket set/kit ... and remember them being red color .

Parts catalogue lists only metal washers ?! :

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205N/0/02C50A.HTM

D

PhilNW

Looks like metal washer is 9A and flexible washer is 9D on the diagram.

I have used rubber O rings in place of flexible washers (which I think are fibre type)

Edited by PhilNW

DamirGTI

Yes , and both seems to be metal part rather than soft "fiber" (or whatever they are) washer .

O-rings or an dab of sealant will be if i can't find those , as i've got oil weeping around the screws with them washers missing .

D

welshpug

I have and would use fibre washers with a steel washer above it.

Tom Fenton

A copper washer also works, but to be honest just a steel washer works ok and doesn’t weep oil out in my experience.

DamirGTI

Indeed they're listed like copper material .. make sense , like copper crush washers for the sump and gearbox drain plug , (diesel injector) etc.

It's been so long since i've had them in my hands new , just keep on reusing them all these years .. but the ones supplied with the gasket set/kit seemed like something out of plastic/bakelite or as said some sort of fiber ... nevemind .

No idea really , i might've been pissed the night i did the valve cover tightening first time ! or them screws loosen off meanwhile .. did re-torque them now , will see what happens .

D

Ozymandis

Nowt special about them I use random cheapo fibre washers, usually red sometimes browney/black