• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

AaronMountford1990

205 STDT Leak off Pipe Removal Advice

AaronMountford1990

As above really guys, when the STDT last fired (a while ago and it's still a work in progress) it fired straight away but we noticed fuel leaking from around the injector area - first port of call is replacing the leak off pipe but I can't get the existing pipe off.

Any advice on removing it as presumably I need to keep those pieces as templates to cut new leak off pipe and replace what I've removed?

FYI not a mechanic, total beginner, fine with services, trim and all that, just not so much wiring and powertrain related (learning as I go)

Tom Fenton

Pull it off with pliers. If its stuck carefully cut with a sharp Stanley knife down the length then peel it off the leak off stub.

Just buy a length of new pipe cut to approximate length and push it on each end.

AaronMountford1990
On 11/22/2019 at 11:54 AM, Tom Fenton said:

Pull it off with pliers. If its stuck carefully cut with a sharp Stanley knife down the length then peel it off the leak off stub.

Just buy a length of new pipe cut to approximate length and push it on each end.

Thanks tom!

welshpug

dont bother with aftermarket hose, its all oversized at 3.2mm (1/8")

oem stuff is 3mm and less than a tenner a metre

AaronMountford1990
On 11/25/2019 at 5:30 PM, welshpug said:

dont bother with aftermarket hose, its all oversized at 3.2mm (1/8")

oem stuff is 3mm and less than a tenner a metre

Ah crap I brought some halfords 3.2 a while ago, do I approach a dealer for this or is there somewhere else to get the 3mm version? And as for refitting the new pipe do I prepare the ends with anything (tiny bit of oil or something to ease it on and prevent splitting?) 

Ozymandis

Dont use silicone 3mm pipe it weeps/sweats diesel from the walls. Im told its only for vacuum use rather than pressure.

I got the correct thing from a local Citroen dealer they had some in stock whereas peugeot didnt and are a PITA to deal with.

Yes put a little "fat" on the ends it pushes on easily enough then.

Peugeot part No 156494 3x7x1000mm

Edited by Ozymandis

welshpug

I've not found it anywhere but a dealer, citroen or peugeot will suffice, indeed for my bmw 525 tds which uses the very same hutchinson hose they wanted 3x what the french guys wanted!

peugeot are fine if you get the right parts guy.

Ozymandis

My local Peugeot parts spot is a joke, a secretary/receptionist lass deals with it and they keep nothing and want your card details before doing owt, and I`m a trade customer.

Although to be fair I recently got an old bloke, she was on her lunch, he organised me a transponder key for a Parther and tipped me the wink to a local place that programmed it  cheaply.

You can get a 250mm length too, part No 157363 3x7x250mm about a fiver, local Citroen place had a few of those.

Edited by Ozymandis

welshpug

i used a 405/306 part number iirc, 1m length for a tenner or so

AaronMountford1990

Bloody Servicebox access isn't working, I hate that crappy site. 

Reset password to be told it's wrong 4 times then I actually get to a password reset screen where it says the password it literally just sent me is wrong. 

Anyone got the part number so I can go ask a branch? Last I asked for anything 205 related they either hadn't a clue or said part numbers were essentially top secret and couldn't confirm if what I was asking for was the same part number I had written down lmao!!!

Bit of a joke tbh! 

AaronMountford1990
On 12/3/2019 at 9:01 AM, Ozymandis said:

Dont use silicone 3mm pipe it weeps/sweats diesel from the walls. Im told its only for vacuum use rather than pressure.

I got the correct thing from a local Citroen dealer they had some in stock whereas peugeot didnt and are a PITA to deal with.

Yes put a little "fat" on the ends it pushes on easily enough then.

Peugeot part No 156494 3x7x1000mm

Totally missed this one haha! Will get on to local dealerships and get some in!

AaronMountford1990

Just waiting for a chap to call me back later from the parts dept and I'll get the 1000mm one ordered, it's such a difficult ask on the phone. 

I want some diesel leak off pipe for a 205.

OMG a 205?!

Yeah a 205.

Oh it's not got much info on it, 

OK want the reg? 

HA - that won't help it's too old.

-_- 

Least he's found it and it's still showing as available, think he said £14 IIRC and I'll pick it up next Friday.