• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Power Steering Reservoir Brackets

I am trying to work out how the reservoir for the power steering fluid was located/fixed inside the engine bay.

I can see from images (and Service Box) that there was a bracket that attached to the top of the reservoir, which in turn had two arms, which attached to the top of the slam panel/head light panel.

What I cannot work out, is how the bottom of the reservoir was fixed.  There is clearly a hole at the bottom of the reservoir, for a bracket to bolt into, and service box lists some sort of bracket (4007 75), but it's not clear how this attaches to the car.

Any advice, or even better pictures?

Thanks.

Leslie green

Bottom of reservoir was fixed by a L shaped bracket to the inner wing from what I remember on my phase 2 1991 car  as the bit of the reservoir was broken of and still attached to it , i don't think I have a pic though .

Leslie green

Found it here ya go, just in front of the battery tray bolts, I think that's it   :

49026243572_19bb2aa6fb_k.jpg20180320_125832 by Leslie, on Flickr

Edited by Leslie green

I see!!  Thanks both!