• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gregg1980

205 1.9 idle problem

Gregg1980

Hi guys, looking for a bit of help in regards to the car over revving/not idling properly. Once she warms up and reaches temp she's sitting at 2000 on the rev counter, anyone else experienced this?

20190923_062312.jpg

Edited by Gregg1980

jackherer

For it to idle that high air must be leaking in somewhere past the throttle body.

Check the air hoses that connect to the SAD from under the inlet manifold and also the brake servo hose. Your brake servo hose looks pretty frayed and the hose clamp holding it to the inlet doesn't look great.

There is also a bolt on the right side of the inlet manifold near to the oil filler that can leak air if it isn't tightly fitted.

DamirGTI

Most certainly an air/vacuum leak .

Had something similar years ago , was broken wiring/+12V supply to the SAD heater element .. thus the SAD bimetallic disc never really close off completely , as it needs both the heat from the cooling system and the +12V supply to the heater element to fully close after warm up .

Easy thing to check though , when it warms up and shifts the revs up , pinch the SAD induction hose (opposite to the oil breather , on the main air hose connecting TB with the AFM) and hold like that for a while and see if the revs starts to drop down .

D

toolie72

Check the hose that goes into the plenum chamber underneath 

I only found a split beside jubilee clip on mine when I went raaaaa idle right you fecking thing!!!