• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

DSYKES5500

Searching for a dealer window sticker, have you got it?

DSYKES5500

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for a rear window dealer sticker and I wondered if anyone still has it on their car?

DMB Graphics have said if I can get an image of it, they'll produce it and add it to their website. 

The dealer was:

George Heath Motors

30 High Street

Deritend

I've found these adverts with 205/309/405s on so the logo should be roughly correct for the early 90s

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Dan 

48011801193_7e05b7c106_b.jpg

48011794418_796f7062ff_b.jpg

39588166090_307fe38d7d_b.jpg

Edited by DSYKES5500

jackherer

"YOU ARE ENTERING THE PEUGEOT ZONE"

Brilliant :lol:

Their 'special editions' are amusing too.

If you can't find the actual window sticker the footer from the first ad is probably quite close.

DSYKES5500

Yeah you could be right about that first ad. If the writing and Peugeot logo were in blue do you think? (Going by other Peugeot stickers they've reproduced).

I've found one on a 505 GTI but it's an 84 and the typeface is completely different. 

I know it's nerdy but I'm hoping to go for total originality with it. I remember peeling the dealer sticker off my first 1.9 because it was "uncool" :(

jackherer

Maybe even blue on yellow, I think that's what the bridge ad was originally.

The top ad mentions 1.9 205s so it's after 1987 but it shows a phase 1 309 so it's before 1989.

The second ad must be prior to 1987 because it just talks about 'a standard 205 GTI' with special additions that were standard on 1.9s.

I removed the dealer sticker from the first new car I bought because I didn't think the dealer had any right to advertise on my car that I had paid for. When I took it for its 500 mile inspection or whatever they put a new one in that I made them take out immediately. It's a different thing on an old car because the dealer probably doesn't exist any more and if they do the phone number will be different...

ian010778

Anybody own a 'George Heath Motors Peugeot GTI Plus?' - could be rare (or just a bundled deal on extras maybe?)

Although it does say 'our superb body styling kit' so they may have made some home-brew skirts etc. :o

jackherer

Based on the description I expected it to be the Peugeot dealer option catalogue bodykit but the photo actually looks a bit like a Zender front valence.

ian010778

It certainly has a bigger chin than standard.

They forgot to include the reflective tailgate strip - not everyone's cup of tea but I quite like mine!

I have a George Heath rear number plate on my car still - I'm guessing it might be the original.  It appears to have survived quite well.  (No window sticker I'm afraid).

• Thanks 1

DSYKES5500
17 hours ago, 2052006 said:

I have a George Heath rear number plate on my car still - I'm guessing it might be the original.  It appears to have survived quite well.  (No window sticker I'm afraid).

Could you post a picture please? Blur out the reg if needed.  I should be able to get them made up. Thanks!

48642673547_0c6106e259_b.jpg

Does this help?  Turns out this was the original supplying dealer of my car, according to the paperwork I have, so this must have been what it looked like in 1991.

DSYKES5500

This is great!  Thanks ever so much for the picture :)