• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DSYKES5500

Cable clip location?

DSYKES5500

Hi all,

I'm in the process of renewing all pipes in the engine bay, including a new stainless steel intermediate water pipe in the driver's wheel arch.  All from BakerBM.  Anyway I've come across a couple of cables with clips attached but I can't see where the clips should attach. Can anyone shed some light on this please? I've attached a picture of them. 

I'll do a thread on my small restoration project if anyone is interested?

Thanks again, 

Dan

20190815_162450.jpg

Ozymandis

The left hand rusty  clip pushes on to the casting rib of the gearbox next to it, it is sprung and barbed to be a pushfit and holdtight. Its to hold the reverse light switch cable out of the way of the clutch operating arm.

Edited by Ozymandis
  • Thanks 1

DSYKES5500
23 hours ago, Ozymandis said:

The left hand rusty  clip pushes on to the casting rib of the gearbox next to it, it is sprung and barbed to be a pushfit and holdtight. Its to hold the reverse light switch cable out of the way of the clutch operating arm.

Thanks! I like everything to be in its place. I'll take them off, clean them up and paint them first.