• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
artois7

Can a paintcode be deduced from a VIN?

artois7

Hi all,

Need to identify the colour of my 309. I posted on the 309 owners club (fb) and had mixed responses, with the overall assumption it's winchester grey. Looking online and there are a few variations of even that colour code too. I've not been able to locate a paintcode on my car.

Would servicebox or Peugeot themselves be able to get this information based on my vin?

Thanks

Tom Fenton

To be honest the code is a bit of a waste of time on its own as there will be a number of different shades. If you are trying to paint bits to match existing take a panel off or take the car to the paint factor. If you are painting the whole thing it doesn’t really matter so pick the shade you like the look of.

artois7

For now I'm trying to get something close to paint the wheel arches with.

60095347_10155896441240946_6067108443422

Any thoughts on colour?

SRDT

Looks like magnum-steel grey to me but it's hard to see on a picture, compared to graphite grey magnum-steel grey is of a lighter shade with hints of blue.
As for winchester grey it's strange to have that on a mk2.

jackherer

It's always hard to identify colours from photos but I think that particular photo is even worse than normal. As a reference we can all relate to the colour of the wheels (especially the front one) looks very wrong, like there is a low evening sun or a reflection of something with lots of yellow/orange.

artois7

60338435_10155895891970946_9137724139795

Dirty but better lighting in this photo...

SRDT

On downcast weather Magnum-steel grey can look like graphite grey on a sunny day.