• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Speaker recommendations

Telf

I'm in the final straight now having got round to sorting the wiring for my head unit. Can anybody recommend some decent speakers that will fit the original speaker locations -i need 4 new ones

Cheers

Tom Fenton

I’ve no specific brands, but what you need is something that is flat fronted to fit behind the grilles in the front doors, and not too deep to fit in the rear quarters, as there isn’t loads of room behind.

Best I have in the front doors of my red car are some infinity component speakers with crossover and separate tweeter, sound great but not everyone would want the separate tweeter, I wouldn’t in my green car for example.

That said, if you are running the standard head unit still, that is the limiting factor!

AlexRS2782

I was looking into this about a month ago & found a couple of older threads via a search on here that gave a few ideas of speakers - although pretty much all of them have since been superceeded, by new models the last couple of years it gave me an idea into what i was looking for sizing / depth wise.

As above, they need to be a shallow fit so they go behind the grilles both front & rear.  In the end i went for a Kenwood setup.  KFC-E1365's for the front & KFC-E1355's for the rear.  Nothing fancy tbh but all in all both sets of speakers cost me less than £40 brand new from 2 different eBay sellers, and in any case it will be an improvement over the standards that when i removed them had splits in the cones, bits of material, etc, falling off them even with the lightest of touches.

I can't comment on the sound side of things as i've not wired them in yet (mainly as the standard rear wiring in my car has seen better days and could do with new wiring being run) but i've trial fitted them front & rear and they cleared the grilles fine.

Edit - this was one of the older threads i found with details of other speakers that seemed to fit:

Edited by AlexRS2782

ATK

That was my thread - I fitted the Kenwoods. An improvement on stock - but still crap as I am running the original tape deck. You’ll be limited by the quality of whatever head unit you run.