• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

PugGti-ZA

87x88mm xu10j4rs

PugGti-ZA

hi guys ,has anyone tried installing es9 pistons from 406 v6 into the xu10j4rs lump? my engine blew head gasket and as i suspected with almost 300k on the clock the engine was worn and passed its prime to just replace the gasket,i have replaced all valves and guides etc ,and now i am to the part where i have to select an piston in order to get the block on size again,i have done a few measurements and found the es9 piston is very simular in weight ,total height and design with only larger valve pockets and a slight crown instead of a dome ,the compression height is 1.4mm lower than of the std xu10j4rs piston,and thus the 88mm xud crank came to mind to compensate and maby shave off the 0.4mm,my only question would the compression be to high for 95? on std cams?and if not would i be able to use grinded cams to do so,as i am increasing both bore and squash of the cylinder,i dont want a race car i just want something with a bit more power seeing im doing a complete refursbishment and owning it for the last 7years defnitely gave me enough joy to do so,i wil also add an dastec piggy back plug n play chip to adjust the afm accordingly on a dyno

f.i.k

Hi. I have it with 96mm stroke crankshaft, and forged rods. Pistons have 22mm pin. But I make it one week back. Not run now. :-)