• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gregg1980

Running a 1.6 ECU and AFM on a 1.9??

Gregg1980

Hi guys, so I purchased a 205 1.9 GTI about 2 yrs ago in Australia, it's a UK import. Not to my knowledge it came running MS1 (DIY Megasquirt) and was tapped in to the original loom, had a nightmare trying to get it to run, so going back to original.

I advertised for the ECU, AFM and loom for the 1.9 GTI. Got a message from a guy saying he is converting from his 1.9 to mi16. Sweet, I'll grab the parts, paid, shipped over to Australia. Upon checking the ecu and AFM numbers (yes, I should have got him to send pics before sending, my bad), it appears these have come from a 1.6 GTI - AFM is 0 280 202 056 and ECU is 0 280 000 340. I did question him and he says it's defo a 1.9 engine he's pulled them from and he's never modded or changed the ECU or AFM and said it always ran fine.

So, my question is, has anyone else had any experience running the ECU and AFM off of a 1.6 on a 1.9?

jackherer

You can run a 1.9 on 1.6 management but you need all of it to match, i.e. ECU, AFM and injectors.

Gregg1980

Ecu and AFM are fine. The injectors are yellow, normal 1.9 I'm presuming.

Screenshot_20190613-212156_Messenger.jpg

jackherer

Yes 1.9s use yellow injectors p/n 0280 150 762, 1.6 are blue IIRC.

Gregg1980

That's the part numbers for the 1.9 injectors. Would I be correct in saying the 1.6 p/n is 0280 150 211?

Edited by Gregg1980