• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Brake offsets for rotors and bells

Richie-Van-GTi

I've ordered some hispec 4 pots to replace my 406 brembos. They are advertised as taking 250mm to 300mm rotors depending on brackets. I was planning on looking for rotors and bells to change the disc offset as close to the ball joint as possible. I currently run 15's with spacers and want to reduce the spacers or eliminate where possible.

Can anyone help me with calculating the offset or knows the offset for the Citroen discs that are used with the 406 brembos so I have a starting point.

I think I will be looking for discs around the 280mm region

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

Tom Fenton

Look for the APEC online catalogue, it gives you dimensions for lots of discs, you can also search by offset and diameter.

I used a mk2 Golf (I know I know) disc on my rally car with Wilwood 4 pots, I had to machine the inside area to give space for the Peugeot drive flange and also redrill 4x108 wheel bolt holes.

• Thanks 1

petert

I also used Wilwoods, with Wilwood 4x108 drag hats (170-11902) and GT36 curved rotors (160-12285 left and 160-12286 right). They're 11.75" x 0.81".

Richie-Van-GTi

Apec catalogue is no help with offsets, it does give a total height but without the thickness of the mounting face its anyones guess.  I will take a discs off and measure it over the weekend and work from there. Been so long since I built the car I cant remember what brake discs are even on it...I think possibly C5 288mm :P

petert

All the drawings for Wilwood parts on on-line. I saved 4Kg per side changing from GTi6. Your setup will be heavier than GTi6, if you have 288mm rotors.