• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozymandis

I wish I had a camera today

Ozymandis

I took the gearbox out of a Nissan D21 diesel pickup today, as I tilted it out, the gap twixt engine and bellhousing opened and four 10mm ball bearings trickled out, OH OH.

The entire front of the gearbox and the input shaft ball bearing had completely exploded, impressive destruction, wish we had a camera handy.

welshpug

always have a phone handy, they've had cameras a little while now!

10mm bearings sound pretty sizeable for an input shaft!   I guess the cage had come apart inside the bearing, spigot bearing meant it kinda stayed in place

Ozymandis

Unfortunately I left my phone in the car this morning.

Yes its a sizeable spigot  bearing too, it made a lovely noise.

He drove approx 25 miles from Sheffield stuck in 2nd, seems he had a clutch fitted about a week ago, its like an old ford box with a sliding spline propshaft, I reckon they spilled all the oil and never refilled it.

I put a scrapyard box in it and off he went to murder some clutch fitter in Sheffield. He`s a blacksmith and impressively muscular, I think they might just be reimbursing him.