• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jj_qpr

Wiring Help-amp/sub Please..

Guest jj_qpr

hi all im trying to wire in an amp and sub and was wondering what the best route from the back of the cd player to the boot was, is it simply down under the carpet by the door or is there a better way?

cheers

James

Guest d-9

From another recent thread:

"Personally i run em all down together in one big bundle, and have never had any problems with interference.

However, the standard way to do it, is to run power down one side and signal down the other, or down the middle. Power is all power leads/remote leads, signal is rca leads and speaker cables, some people also recommend spliting speaker and rca leads, but i wouldnt bother."

Just pull the carpet up and lay em down one side.

Guest jj_qpr

aha cheers mate i hadnt even considered problems like that :)

thanks

James

perfecto pug

the best way is to take out all the seats (pretty easy if the bolts arent rusted in) and then pull up the carpet and the sound deadening.

run the power leads down the passenger side (so you have a nice straight run from the battery) and the signal cables down the middle or the drivers side

make sure you use grommits where cable pass through metal (i.e the bulkhead) and it helps to tape the cables down to the floor of the car.

Guest simmy

i've never had any trouble at all running them down the same side.. saves a lotta time too as perfecto sed, just make sure you run all the cables through grommits so they don't wear through the insulation n short out

Guest jj_qpr

ok cheers for all the advice lads im gonna get down to it now..let you know how it goes..cheers

James

Ric Handley

how did ya get on :) ??

i've got two amps in my boot. with two wiring kits - could of done it a different way i know but couldn't be arsed pissing about with power distribution blocks etc :lol::lol: .

i didnt even take my seats out.... (down the passenger side--) , just took the door seal off, peeled back the carpet and taped the wire down. Theres a small gap between the back of the rear seat and the "floor" which the wires can be treaded through.

you cant even see the wires.

easy as that - 10 minute jobby B) .

Hope that helps if you haven't already done it!!

fiji bob

i just ran the power cable down the laft of the passenger side and the rca`s down the right next to the centre console and brought them together at the bottom of the rear trim panel but they are still 2-3 inches apart

Sign in to follow this