• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

forbeslongden

1995 1.6 205 GTi spotted.

forbeslongden

Saw this crop up on eBay, ive seen alsorts of late CTI’s and 1.9 GTi’s coming out of the woodwork in recent years, mainly imported vehicles but this 1.6 GTi is a 1995 car, from Northern Ireland - whats the deal here? The V5 says its 01/08/95 registered as well as first registered in the UK 01/08/95.... is this an import from elsewhere too? I assume a 1.6 wouldnt be sitting since 1992 unregistered until 95 surely? Anyway, im dead tempted by it :O

reg is RIW 9234

D9E805F8-6CAF-4D56-A76E-F2ED24071CD7.png

8DD7F8A8-08D1-4BB3-B313-D1FF1DDAC499.png

jackherer

The details on the V5 will be key to getting it MOT'd with regards to emissions so I'd look at that very carefully.

griffo

Forbes, if the VIN you have put on your post is for this '1995' 1.6 GTi then I can say that the build date is actually around 01/02/89, so an AM89 vintage.

The 1.6 GTi production finished around the end of the AM92 vintage afaik.

forbeslongden

Youre dead right, im sure it was 92, what is odd about that car listed is it’s perhaps made to look like a phase 2 car when in actual fact it should be 1.5 going from the build date.