• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
beyada

TU3S Oil Sump Gasket?

beyada

I've searched Service Box to see if there is a gasket for a TU3S oil sump. Nothing listed so is it just RTV sealant that's used or am I missing something?

sump.JPG

DamirGTI

There is sump gasket available .. i remember fitting one while rebuilding my mates TU24 , which will essentially be the same .

Not sure about the OE part number though , but here's some aftermarket ones :

71-33674-00 - Victor Reinz

984.451 - Erling

JJ586 - Payen

423153P - Corteco

D

beyada

ok cheers ill order one. Don't see it on service box though. must be missing it.

205Rallee

My TU24 sump started leaking a little after a big journey last year so I replaced the silicone sealant (no gasket) that had been in place for 6 years with a Payen gasket and a smear of the red sealant. After circa 600 miles that started leaking again so I’ve cleaned it all down so the sump and block were spotless and tried a bead of clear sealant without the gasket. Will see how it goes, it would be a simple job if the down pipe didn’t get in the way.

Edited by 205Rallee

DamirGTI

I don't use any sealant/gasket maker on the sump gaskets .. when i was younger , i used all kinds of "add ons" but it always bite me in the a***e !

Surface prep as best as you can , degrease , and fit just the gasket with no additional sealant ... and re-torque 2 or 3 times afterwards , after a few miles of driving .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

Tom Fenton

Stag Wellseal, torque gasket bolts to spec to get them even, go round them 3 or 4 times as the gasket gradually settles.