• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Rigid rear caliper line

Telf

Hi all 

Just after some assurance that the rigid line I've put into my caliper looks right. Haven't done this before and as I've said in my main thread I was wondering about the left right movement of the caliper over time with a fixed pipe.

Any thoughts?

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554462030787.jpg_1554462033163.jpeg

jackherer

I just edited my post in your project thread with this photo of a factory fitted 306 GTI6 brake pipe:

piston2.jpg.4c673cd47d7eb11cbedf7f2994e62398.jpg

• Thanks 1

Telf

I do find it slightly odd that the caliper has this movement but Peugeot deemed it ok. To be fair I moved the caliper on the sliders and with full range the overall effect on the hyd pipe does appear to be minimal.

jackherer

I agree but if you think about it they have a lot to lose so they must have been pretty convinced it was OK, if you do it and it fails you'll get a soft pedal and investigate whereas if 306s failed en masse they'd have lost millions doing a recall.

Miles

The pipe goes on the other side of the bracket too, 106 and 206 use the same method as the caliper hardly moves really and do all mine like this, the amount of time people fit the flexi on wrong as they forget it rubs on the inner arch