• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Dale

Hi folks.

Looking for a bit of knowledge on this oil leak I have please. It seems to be dripping from the bottom of the radiator by the oil filter. There's quite a lot of oil on the rad next to the filter to. I've checked the clips and pipes which have only been on the car for a couple of years then the filter. I managed to tighten the filter another twist.

Would I be right in thinking the filter was loose causing the oil to spray on the rad? After starting the engine the drip continued but would this be residue left over?. I'm not the greatest at mechanics so any advice of you guys would be great.

Thanks

20190323_125401.jpg

20190323_130111.jpg

jackherer

It's probably coming from the oil cooler assuming it's a pre 1990 1.9 with the air cooled oil cooler?

I think the metal hoses that connect to rubber pipes next to the rad are the oil cooler hoses, the cooler itself is in front of the rad.

Tom Fenton

I’d say it looks like it’s coming from the cooler too. Remove the grille for a better look.

Dale

Thank you, yes it is a 1990 1.9.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow. Hopefully it's just o ring/seal gone. If I remember correctly it's like the one on an oil filter? Appreciate the help, always the best advice here.