• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
K20205

205 xs wiring

K20205

Hi everyone,

im in the middle of my 205xs project ive fitted a k20 engine into it now im at the wiring stage and cant find the brown multiplugs as i need to wire in a few wires, (starter, alternator, switched ignition)

does the XS models have the brown plug? Ive checked mine and ive got a few plugs but only one is brown the rest is coloured

ive taken some pictures can somebody tell me if any of these plugs or wires are for the starter, alternator light and switched ignition?

thanks

58495BC0-3A52-453C-9200-68F8543217CC.jpeg

3CAAA948-53B7-41FF-91D4-DBF4CC8FBEBE.jpeg

BAF58B31-B315-467F-A731-59397687F3F3.jpeg

jackherer

Check the wire numbers, the starter should be 46, the alternator (battery light) is 7A and the switched + is 2. If you need it the fuel pump is 76.

The 9 pin brown plug in your first photo looks right and the red one near to it looks similar to a GTI one but it's obviously the wrong colour.

Richie-Van-GTi

I think you need some new gloves.

What are the wire numbers on the red and brown plugs?

K20205
10 hours ago, Richie-Van-GTi said:

I think you need some new gloves.

What are the wire numbers on the red and brown plugs?

I have marked all of the numbers and where they belong.

what is the engine code for the 1.1 engines? As mine had a 1.1 in there maybe that can relate to the plugs being wrong.

0738D832-166A-44BE-AAAF-3F8E6DF7A212.png

E0D37AE9-6DA6-419B-A1F1-8109D446BCCF.jpeg

jackherer

What year is your 205?

Some of the earlier GTIS had one fewer brown plug under the dash, instead the wiring for the switched 12v+ and the tacho etc ran down the passenger side of the engine bay with the lighting loom. See if you can find the 1.1 engines ignition coil plug and follow that back, you should find wire number 2 (switched 12v +) runs to the coil.

K20205
10 hours ago, jackherer said:

What year is your 205?

Some of the earlier GTIS had one fewer brown plug under the dash, instead the wiring for the switched 12v+ and the tacho etc ran down the passenger side of the engine bay with the lighting loom. See if you can find the 1.1 engines ignition coil plug and follow that back, you should find wire number 2 (switched 12v +) runs to the coil.

Its a 1991 model i think it had the 1.1 carb engine. 

i checked the wires thats on the loom and there wasnt any wires numbered 2.

i might just take the switched power straight from the ignition switch and constant power from the battery straight.

my old gti had the brown plugs and was very easy to work with. This ones too old school.