• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
03hawkinst

TU3/TU3S cylinder head casting compatability

03hawkinst

Hi everyone, I’ve just acquired a mint condition 205 1.4 GR. I know this is only peasant spec and doesnt have to performance of the XS model. But hear is my question.... 

Are the cylinder heads the same casting on the TU3 and the TU3S? 

I know the cam shaft is different but I’m not sure if the head casting itself was exactly the same? 

Reason being I have a Weber DCOE 45 in the shed and quite like the idea of fabricating an inlet manifold and buying a sports cam and building up a nice flowing head on the bench with an eBay special cylinder head. Then swapping them over once I’ve machined it all up. 

What do you guys think?

cheers Tom

calvinhorse

Yes it’s physical the same head, the ports are different tho, the Xs ports are easily 25% bigger, the cam fits fine as will the inlet manifold 

03hawkinst

Ideally then it would probably be easier to keep an eye out for an XS head then  or I suppose I could port out a standard head if push came to shove? 

Standard heads are 2 a penny but XS heads seem like rocking horse s**t! 

Richie-Van-GTi

If you want to collect I have a complete mint runner low mileage 1.4 KDX engine with ma 5 speed box. Fifty quid. Could use the head off that

03hawkinst

Apologies for my nieveity but is the head off that engine the same spec as on the TU3S?

Im new to the Peugeot scene bit know bits. 

SRDT

Yes, the KDX is a TU3MC, those used the TU3S head not the regular TU1/TU3 one.

03hawkinst
On 2/21/2019 at 7:27 PM, Richie-Van-GTi said:

If you want to collect I have a complete mint runner low mileage 1.4 KDX engine with ma 5 speed box. Fifty quid. Could use the head off that

Where about a are you based mate?

Richie-Van-GTi
2 hours ago, 03hawkinst said:

Where about a are you based mate?

Middlesbrough, it's for sale complete though as I need it out the way, sure you can punt the box on and get your money back.

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

03hawkinst

If you were a bit more local I’d of come and took it fo your hands. Although If I’m coming your way at some point i might give you the nod. If you still have it that is.