• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

16v205

Very low seat mounts, help please

16v205

Hello,

I'm looking for a bit of help please, my car's been off the road for 4 years but fingers crossed it'll be done in the next few weeks.

I have searched the forum and found lots of different cars all with rails fitted in a similar way to mine but my problem is with a helmet on I just can't clear the cage.

Im looking for a few pictures if anyone has any of lowered seat rails in your 205's, especially if anyone has fitted them flush with the floor and cut the centre buldge out.

Bit of background is I have already fitted rails to the car as low as I could without cutting the hump out the floor. I have tried side and base mount seats and still my head touches the cage with a helmet on, it's not brushing it, it's thumping it. The seat could theoretically be 1" lower but I need to have a seat slider as there's a fair difference between driver heights.  I'm 6ft 2, brother's 6ft 3 and wife's 5ft 4.

If any one tall drivers have pictures that would be fantastic thank you

Rich

Tom Fenton

Slider makes it harder as you lose height. I’ve done it a couple of times now. Here’s my road rally car, bars are just far enough off the floor to get a nut underneath. I’m 6’2”. Realistically how often will your wife drive it? As with side mounts it’s only a 10 min job with the spanners to move the seat. Between you and your brother you should be able to cope with the same seat position.

79E6D7C3-CD95-4E39-8B5C-21286ABEE5DF.jpeg

barneys66

Here's mine - cut into tunnel, side mount seats (not at lowest setting) slider fitted.

I'm 6' 4" and can get in with my lid on, but I am quite leggy. If you're anywhere near your welcome to come and try it on for size!

barneys66

*you're

And just seen you're in Birmingham (was on phone earlier), so not particularly close but the offer stands.

16v205

Thank you guys for the pictures, and the offer to come check your car out. It's appreciated.

My rails are as low if not lower than both your cars so I'll see if my huge head or giraffe style neck will fit in when I remove the sliders from the side mounts.

Cheers,

Rich

16v205

Thought I would update this, I spent a few hours last week playing with different seats and positions.

Turns out with a helmet on I don't touch the roof anymore but there was no way my head would clear the side bars of the cage, even without a seat so I cut out even more of the transmission tunnel. I moved the seat more inwards and away from the door, the seat is still side mounted with adjustable rails and it feels not too bad in there now. 

mmt

Any pics?