• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

dt_

Lower window guides

dt_

Hi, was wondering if it's possible to get hold of the metal guide that attaches directly to the bottom of the window, as when I rolled my passenger window down the other day there was a nasty crunching sound followed by the window falling inside the door, which is less than good.  Have seen replacement windows with the part bonded onto the bottom, but they generally look like they're on their last legs.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.  Car is a 5 door with electric windows.  Cheers

jackherer

They were available from Peugeot but they've stopped making them now. The part number for the left one is 921332.

Keep checking ebay, they come up occasionally on there. I know because I sold one last month - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332960015173

Ozymandis

last time I looked, you could get one side easily but the other was in short supply, cant remember which was which.

They arent bonded on, there is a piece of rubber "U"`d over the bottom and it all taps on with a rubber hammer and a bit of soap.

one of mine fell off recently pita.

2 and 4 door ones arent the same either.

Our lass has bought another car off fleabay, behind my back, she went out to see her friend then re-appeared at 2am in another bloody 205 a silver one, so were back to 8 again.

A wooden batten with a slot does temporarily on front ones, my wooden battens in use on my skip car or you could have borrowed it lol

Edited by Ozymandis

farmer

No channels are sold  now for 3 or 5 door 

Ozymandis
20 minutes ago, farmer said:

No channels are sold  now for 3 or 5 door 

I bought one last year for the driver side and my local parts counter had one in but told me the passenger one wasnt available.

I had been wondering what to do in the future,as a few of mine are a bit ropey, I have drilled out the spot welds and turned it over to make it the opposite side, that worked out fine.  a piece of hardwoods working for now on a crap car I use everyday.

Edited by Ozymandis

farmer

I collected a good few drivers door 

Not many passengers for 3 door

Will need remade at some point as they are prone 

dt_

Awesome, thanks guys.  Jay you should open up some kind of museum or something.  The part number has come in handy, will try looking outside the UK for some, must remember to order a driver's side one though in that case!

dt_

Massive bump.  Passenger side window is operating excellently, but the drivers has fallen off now, any leads on a drivers front window runner for a 5 door, and would you be prepared to part with it?