• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boilerhouse1980

Xantia turbo upgrades

boilerhouse1980

Trying to up the power on my xantia turbo engine was going to fit td05 turbo with modified manifold ,megane 225 injectors and 205 kent cam will this set up work?? I know i will need a stand alone ecu thanks for help in advance 

opticaltrigger

Hi Danny,

Well, this sounds interesting......

How much power are you looking for with it ?

All the best,

O.T.

boilerhouse1980

At least 200 bhp 

opticaltrigger

That TD05 will easily whip past 200hp with the rite injectors.

On the project car we use a TD04 with Bosch 440cc injectors and a specific turbo grind cam. When it comes to cams we tried a fast road cam in it and a standard cam to, they both worked really well to be honest. This turbo grind is new though and we have yet to try it out for real, i'm sure it works great though.

Stand alone for sure and I would use the biggest injectors you can get your hands on ( within reason that is ) as it will give you some head room for future upgrades or boost increases.

All the best

O.T.

boilerhouse1980

Thanks for your input the injectors im using are 480cc 

wicked

Be careful on the cams; cams with a lot overlap do not always work well if the you have a manifold with a lot of back pressure. 

Long tubular manifold with big Td05 might deal better with a more overlap than a small one. 

Td05 are available in different sizes, but all will make the 200bhp. Which one do you have?

On my tct engine I run a Td04HL-15T, DKZ cam, 380cc 4nozzle injectors.

Makes 220 bhp @0.9 bar. I raised the boost now to 1.0, but start to run into the max my injectors can do. 

boilerhouse1980

Not sure what td05 it is where will it say on the turbo whats the best camshaft to use ?? 

Edited by boilerhouse1980

wicked

Depends on if you already have something on your shelf and how your manifold will look like. 

1.9 DKZ cam is often used. Also the 2.0 8v NA cam is pretty similar, which is also used last 1.9 8v's.  Catcams has also a nice one, but that one needs a well flowing manifold/turbo. 

The standard tct cam is bit lame. With better cam and bigger turbo you'll notice that the tct will rev much better and doesn't feel like a diesel anymore...

boilerhouse1980

Cheers

Tom Fenton

I'd use a Garrett GT2560R, good for 250bhp, roller bearing so it will spool quickly. As said above the standard cam is one of the big restrictions.

boilerhouse1980

Will a kent cam for a 205 work well ??

wicked
33 minutes ago, Tom Fenton said:

I'd use a Garrett GT2560R, good for 250bhp, roller bearing so it will spool quickly. As said above the standard cam is one of the big restrictions.

Stock turbo is next in line, but no issue for both of you.

Cannot tell if Kent cam is ok with specs.