• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Daxed

Superseal Crimping

Daxed

Just a quickie.... I'm going to be swapping some 30 year old connectors out for Superseals.

I have crimp tools for both insulated & non-insulated blade type terminals.

Can a decent crimp be made with these tools an Superseals or do I need to fork out for yet another crimping tool?

Cheers.

Tom Fenton

To be honest I hate the superseal connectors. They are fiddly as hell to crimp no matter what tool I’ve tried.

Daxed

Any recommendations then Tom for brown plug replacements?

Tom Fenton

Inside the car, they are ok (the brown plugs). Under the bonnet just get rid of the multiplug and wire through instead.

Andy

Unlike Tom, I am a bit of a Superseal fan. However, you will need the bespoke crimping tool. I have tried other  tools in an attempt to avoid shelling out for said tool. All ended in at best, a mess and at worst, failure. If you plan to replace lots of the old connectors with Superseal ones, go for it and get the crimping tool. If you are just planning to do one or two, take Toms advice .

Andy

welshpug

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/product.php/269/ratchet-crimping-tool/d34eab885b5764b9264ddf355b1ebdff

these will do the job, they'll also do the pins for the JPT AMP/Tyco plugs used on the engine sensors, injectors etc, and also all the pins used in the brown plugs.

Like Tom said however, the pair in the engine bay that can cause issue dont really need to be there, infact late and early cars did not have them!

Bakes100

Are you sure they are the correct ones Welshpug? I thought it was the grey ones you need for superseal terminals

welshpug

there's a number of different colour handles available, colour really makes no odds as long as they have the appropriate dies!

I have some green Laser branded ones and work have some orange ones!  there are tools out there that look identical bar the jaws for various types of connectors, insulated for example, or cat5/6 phone/internet cable etc.

barneys66

I always struggle as can never remember which way up to insert them into the holders.. 

An easy tip to remember that would be much appreciated!

Thijs_Rallye

I personally use this one:

0-703-51-krimptang-superseal.jpg?_sm_au_

https://www.rdae.nl/0-703-51-krimptang-superseal.html

Works a treat for all contacts that have a seal. As for the brown plug replacement I've opted for the FEP connectors, much better construction than a superseal IMHO.

fep28-8p-female-leeg-stekkerhuis.jpg?_sm

https://www.rdae.nl/fep28-8p-female.html

Duroc
On 11/12/2018 at 7:35 PM, welshpug said:

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/product.php/269/ratchet-crimping-tool/d34eab885b5764b9264ddf355b1ebdff

these will do the job, they'll also do the pins for the JPT AMP/Tyco plugs used on the engine sensors, injectors etc, and also all the pins used in the brown plugs.

Like Tom said however, the pair in the engine bay that can cause issue dont really need to be there, infact late and early cars did not have them!

I use these specific ones for superseals, amongst others, and they're fine