• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Elmbeard

Body trim for Cti

Elmbeard

My mother has the last two of a very rare CTi - only ten were ever made. These are 1992 automatics 1.9 litre with aircon, destined for the Japanese market, but failed tests there and were re-imported into the UK with sequential number plates.

One has bodywork in near concourse condition - kept up over the years by a fanatic in Surrey, and acquired by my mother in 2014. I have endeavoured to stop her from driving it into things. It has done 95,000 miles and mechanically shows its age, and is currently broken down with an engine management issue (which defeated the RAC), and has had an advisory over holed exhaust manifold.

The other has been in the family since 2000. It has done about 48,000 miles and runs very sweetly, but my mother has been driving it into a wall repeatedly when parking at her home, and the trim and rear wing on the passenger side, as well as the bumpers and front fog lights have been trashed. Some low-life has also cut away the window rubbers from both doors, so the doors have filled with water and are starting to rot. The roof frame has also rotted away at the rear.

Now that my mother, in her nineties, is giving up driving, it would be nice to restore this tatty CTi to something like the condition of the other, but I cannot source trim, a new roof frame, front lights, bumpers or door window rubbers that go around the sliding glass.

Has anyone any idea where I can get some? Have they been remanufactured anywhere? Can I modify other parts to fit?

sp_en_ny

Headlights and the window rubbers are very hard to get hold off, I have been after both for a several years now and in that time have got my hands on the drivers side rubber but passenger side still eludes me. The best place for a roof frame is probably on ebay to see if a cti is being broken, same for bumpers really. There are some sellers on ebay selling new bumpers front and back but from what I have heard they may not the best.  The Peugeot museum have started producing a lot of parts such as the red inserts but most of it is for the GTI as opposed to CTI. Just a case of keep asking around and searching ebay and the museum.