• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lunatic

Does anyone have this exhaust?

Tom Fenton

No direct experience but looking at that link it will be bloody LOUD!

DamirGTI

Standard exhaust system is best , doubt you'll see any gains at all with the above system apart from the noise ! especially if it's a std 1.6/1.9 8v engine bigger diameter exhaust will be of no use , can even lose some power/torque .

Exhaust manifold is more important if you want some gains , but that too is pretty good as std. item .

AlexRS2782

As others have said don't expect any performance gains (unless it's being attached to a car that's already had a fair amount of engine work done already) as it's mainly going to be a system for noise more than anything else.  

If you google "Oreca 205 GTI" and / or "Inox 205 GTI" it should bring up a number of YouTube vids that will give you an idea of what it sounds like from outside the car on acceleration, etc. 

From what i've seen online (pic & spec wise) of the Oreca system it seems to be a modern reworking of the old OMP systems that were made back in the '90's - and i used to have one of those single silencer systems on my 205 GTI for a number of years.

If it's anything like my old OMP, being a single silencer system you can expect it to have a reasonable humming drone inside the cabin from around 50MPH upwards and it will get louder the faster you go.  I generally found that anything over 80MPH was pretty annoying after a couple of years of use tbh and one occasion hitting 100 i found it not to be that pleasant an experience in car tbh. 

If you want proof of the above just ask Miles on here :lol: as after a number of years of him working on my car and having to put up with the exhaust echoing around his workshop and deafening him up & down the M27 he was very happy when i agreed with him that it was time to get a decent 2 silencer system fitted.  That's been on the car for a few months now and is far more enjoyable day to day.

Lunatic

There is also a Gr.p N for sale. Is this the better choice for a slightly tuned 1.9?

ciarandeery1

I have the stainless steel version. Bought from oreca and brand redspec 

762F85B2-F41B-439D-A83F-1B2DFA381D43.jpeg