• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Cobalt_drill_bit

gearbox fill and drain plug on MA?

Cobalt_drill_bit

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I realize I don't have the 8mm square key/bit on my 1/4" torque wrench. I believe that external hexagon plugs are more practical.

But I'm unsure what I have originally on my car with the MA gearbox.

Servicebox specifies for the BE3 a filler plug with M14x1.00 threads, Peugeot OE 222130

for the BE3 a casing plug with M16x1.50 threads, Peugeot OE 222132. I don't know if casing plug is the same as a drain plug.

Can someone confirm these are the same for the MA gearbox? For the MA, Servicebox only specified an ENGINE drain plug of OE 222111 which is M16x1.50.

I know when I was a kid I got extreme quality Lego exploded view drawings how I should assemble my firefighter truck. Now that we are grown man and dealing with real dangerous cars we need to deal with this crap. How weird is that?!

Maarten

Cobalt_drill_bit

Hi guys,

I have drained the transmission fluid for the driveshaft replacement. Now I've got the fill and drain plugs loose. So, I can answer my own question.

Part 222111 is used for both the fill and the drain plug on the MA.

It's a M16x1.5 with 8mm square drive. Length under head is 15mm, then a 3 mm thick magnet is glued on the end. For a total length of 18 mm. Flange OD is 22.5 mm. Both plugs had a copper washer.

In the servicebox it is wrongly specified as a engine drain plug.

As always I hope people could benefit from this spec.

Maarten

• Thanks 2