• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NOsMAN

Worst motoring day in 29 years

NOsMAN

What an awful motoring experience ever today. Going to the airport to pick up my son but on the way I had a puncture. So I thought I will make use of the new wheel I purchased recently on ebay  along with the full changing kit as stupid Zafiras do not have spare wheels but only have puncture kits. Went into the boot to take out the wheel and the special extendable wheel brace for situations like this. All was going well until i reached for the locking wheel nut, tried to use the locking wheel nut and noticed it was broken. I have never used it before and the only people that swopped my tyres recently (6 weeks ago was kwik fit) . So the idiots have broken my locking wheel nut and threw it back into the box without telling me. :angry::angry:

Had to ring the Mrs to come and pick me up so I could take to the peugeot 205 TT and go to the airport, by this time my son has already landed and I am 2hrs away from him. 

I had to get the car insured and taxed again for the trip, after doing all of this the car wont start cos the battery has gone flat. :angry:

Rush out to the local garage who doesnt have any battery boosters or battery in stock so ended up driving to halfords  for one:( .

Put the battery into the car and connect it then suddenly realise I have left the cars keys inside the car, yep you guessed it. I am now locked out of the 205 with the keys in the ignition. :o:angry:

By this time my son has been waiting 3hrs already for me at the airport and to top it off he has no  £'s on him.

Im panicking about what to do and how to get inside the 205.

Ended up searching online on how to get into cars without a key and saw several ideas. Tried a few which dont work , but did find one that does without causing any damage to the car but as luck has it the video has been banned. So I thought I will try anyway and with-in 2 minutes I got it to work and no damage whatsoever to the car :lol:. I wont mention the easy access technique unless you need it :)except it requires no tools,but something on the 205 :).

Luckily for my son he has some foreign currency left so I told him to catch a train back.

Edited by NOsMAN