• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rikky

GTi6 No Spark after storage

rikky

So my 205 GTi-6 has been in the garage (warm permanently) straight from bringing it home from it's MOT in April.

Parked up no problem. Not ran at all though, and battery's flat as anything.

It's proving to be a bugger to start though. There's no spark from the plugs (clamped the plug into the coilpack and shorted it out against engine mounting bracket whilst cranking - no visible spark)

Brand new crank sensor - no change

Brand new double fuel relay behind battery box - no change

Only other thing to mention is I have a Cobra Cat2 'fob' alarm on it, but it's behaving like I would expect and imagine it's switching the immobiliser off (because the immobiliser cuts the whole ignition, and it's working apart from no spark when de-immobilised)

I've got fuel at the rail too. So just no spark.

The ECU is a  "soft unlocked one" but nothing could relock it, but I read a couple of things on here a minute ago about people experiencing soft-unlocked ECU's re-locking, although I have no idea how that would happen?

I'm going to check whether I've got 12v at the injector plug when cranking when I find my multimeter.

And then I'll check back here because someone will have either already have posted the correct answer or it will have been something stupid I've overlooked!

EDIT: only thing throughout this whole thing that's massively odd has been when the pump has primed and the car has tried to be turned over, there's a strange clicking like every 5 seconds, for approx 1 minute, from near the back of the block area. I have noticed this when it's parked up in the garage many times, and thought it was the heat from the exhaust causing a little bit of conduit at the back of the bay to contract. Thus click.

:( 

Edited by rikky

rikky

ECU has locked. Confirmed working on another unlocked ECU (thanks Mark). 

So yes, soft unlocked ECU's will re-lock it seems (which I didn't think was possible). Time to get a rich_w one