• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HelmutGTI

Code 52, Try new ECU???

HelmutGTI

My story with overfueling and K-lamp never seems to end.

Just when I thought I fixed my car running smooth It once again showed me its will not to run correct :(

Symptoms:

1.Starts fine, good idle, runs ok.

2. Engine has idle for a couple of minutes,  building some heat, the enginge starts to splutter and smell fuel och smoke heavely.

3. K-lamp starts to light up and the idle begin to be poorer.

What I have done.

1.checked, re checked, tripple checked timing.

2.ohm checked temp sensor on SAP, ok! even tryed another Tempsenor.

3.fixed possible air leaks.

4.fitted new Oxygen sensor.

5. cleaned, AFM, Injectors, Throttlebody.

6. New Dizzy cap + rotor.

7. New sparkplugs

8. New coil

9. new ignition amp

10. new sparkplugs cables.

11.checked wirings and connections in loom.

12. checked fault codes.

and I get fault code 52 , (try new ECU)'

What do you think? is my next change a new ECU

I have a 1,9 L Cat-modell with Monotronic Injection.

petert

O2 sensor would have been my first pick. They're extremely reliant on these. Are you sure the actual plug/sockets aren't corroded beyond repair? They often are.

HelmutGTI
Just now, petert said:

O2 sensor would have been my first pick. They're extremely reliant on these. Are you sure the actual plug/sockets aren't corroded beyond repair? They often are.

Thanks, have to se the connectors, is there some way I can meassure them for function?

Can I measure the O2 sensor as well?

I have a bad feeling its not my ECU, even thou my fault code 52 insist on that.

petert

Disconnect the lambda sensor and visually inspect the loom connectors. They're usually corroded beyond repair.

• Like 1

HelmutGTI
4 minutes ago, petert said:

Oh And one thing more. I have a weak memory that i disconnected a earth wire next to the 02 sensor under the car when puilled the car apart a year ago.

No I don´t have that wire and can´t find anything loose?

Is there a earth connection under the floor next to the o2 sensor that I have missed?

petert

You'll need to get a multimeter out and confirm you have +12V and GND on the heater socket and continuity on the other socket to pins #10 and #28 on the ECU (see attached).

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 7.38.04 PM.png

HelmutGTI

Great thanks, did manage to look at the car on my lunch today.

The connectors to the O2 sensor looks really good, Starter up the car without the O2 sensor plugged in and it was running more rough then ever.

Perhaps it is my ECU thats broke? so I removed the ECU and unplugged the cable, loosend the cover to find this? see picture!

Is this a work of Peugeot factory or could some one mixture with the harness?

file-2.jpeg

jackherer

That doesn't look at all like it was done in the factory!

Take the tape off to see what you find...

HelmutGTI
On 8/27/2018 at 5:48 PM, jackherer said:

That doesn't look at all like it was done in the factory!

Take the tape off to see what you find...

Removed the tape and its a proper job under it. It is pin 10 and 28 that has en extra ground cable attached on each? Se picture, If any one has a picture how the loom to the ECU contact should look like I’d be glad to see it.

1BA59594-F1ED-494A-BF5A-6A866CFC7FEE.jpeg

Edited by HelmutGTI
Added picture

HelmutGTI
On 8/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, petert said:

You'll need to get a multimeter out and confirm you have +12V and GND on the heater socket and continuity on the other socket to pins #10 and #28 on the ECU (see attached).

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 7.38.04 PM.png

Heater socket? 

petert

Yes, the heater socket. Doesn't your O2 sensor have two plugs/sockets? One is the 0-1V narrow band output (wires 10 and 141). The other is the heater circuit (wires 96 and M96). Without +12V heating the sensor it will never work at low-mid loads.

HelmutGTI
2 hours ago, petert said:

Yes, the heater socket. Doesn't your O2 sensor have two plugs/sockets? One is the 0-1V narrow band output (wires 10 and 141). The other is the heater circuit (wires 96 and M96). Without +12V heating the sensor it will never work at low-mid loads.

Thanks, did that and it was fine. On the other side I think I might be on track what’s wrong. I measured the injector cables with 12v from ECU contact port 16-17. 3 injectors where feed with 12 v but one injectors socket didn’t get any voltage at all.

So I backtracked the measuring feeding 12v directly to the dead injector cable and the fuel pump started????  Just to be sure I did the same process with the other injector sockets just to be sure the fuel pump didn’t start and indeed it didn’t.

In the engine loom I then found 3 orange cables being solder so probably my error is there with a wrong connection.

Se pic

50A9C06F-0A15-41AF-96BE-8CE959D66F47.jpeg