• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

johniban

throttle bodies to supercharged

johniban

Has anyone gone from a jenvey set up to a low boost supercharged set up (the rotrex kind)

Thinking of going down the supercharge route but cant really get an idea if its a worthy upgrade over throttle bodies 

dcc

Charged gti6 boasts the power figures, reality is a bodied car is as quick on track (within reason).

the noise of a bodied car is not even comparable, and wins hands down.

(the extra money you'd save for a charged setup you could build a decent engine if you're capable

blandy

I went the other way I fitted a rotrex low boost set up to my 205. I then removed it and fitted bodies. 

Charger is quicker in a strait line due to the extra power but it’s a lot to cram in with the intercooler etc and was never happy with it. I think on a road car it’s great but mine was only used on track and preferred the simplicity and drive ability of the bodies on track. 

johniban

thats great thank you 

j_turnell

I have done this, bodies made a nice noise but much prefer the grunt of the charger for road use.

Jer309GTi

boldy205 (Matt), went from twin Webers to Rotrex on his 205

petert

supercharging is always going to have the most potential. Unlock the boost (hp) when you can afford it.

boldy205

Indeed I did go from twin 45s to Rotrex in my 205, first thought is the noise, I really miss the induction.

However it's an impressive package as a track car now,  there were some cooling issues but it all works a treat, and embarrasses much newer machinery.