• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Cobalt_drill_bit

Proper bush orientation?

Cobalt_drill_bit

Dear people,

I've got the Haynes book. But I didn't found a section on bushing/motor mount installation. Did you?

I've a few questions remaining regarding my driveshafts and bushing replacement. I hope someone can clarify.

1) See picture of my TU1M motor mount.

bush_orientation.jpg.80ef9d3efc14ea89c94e78c6db28a3ba.jpg

The question is what is the proper orientation to install the bushing?

2) To replace the motor mount I believe I need to support the engine/gearbox somewhat to prevent damaging the rubbers of the other motor mount. In Haynes "engine overhaul" section they are talking about a engine hoist. My DIY car repair show surely has this, but is this the most practical way? I only need to support the engine somewhat. If it would be better to support the engine from below please let me know which location is most suitable for that. Not in the center of the oil reservoir right?

3) As for the right side driveshaft installation. I think the chance of having the bearing exactly on the right spot laterally is very slim. So what kind of tool can I use to move it in the motor mount hole? It would be pretty tight on that shaft is it?

Thanks I do appreciate.

Best regards,

Maarten Verhage

Ozymandis

A jack and a bit of wood under the sump.

Do as in photo 2.

Take it to a local garage/workshop and get them to press the bush in to the same dimensions as the old bush, measure it first before removing/destroying old bush. No way of adjusting apart from taking it off and pressing it in or out and then re-fitting.

In English English the common word is bush not bushing, it sounds a bit long winded/archaic/yankee.

• Like 1