• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Cobalt_drill_bit

Pliers for working on 205

Cobalt_drill_bit

Dear 205 skilled mechanics :)

I would like to equip myself with some great tools for working on my TU1M engined 205.

1) I would like to have internal circlip pliers to remove and install the ones that keeps the 72mm wheel bearings in place. But I am not yet familiar with other circlips on the 205 that would lead to desired features of the circlip plier I would be buying. Do you know a repair or maintenance job on the 205 that I can take into consideration for buying my circlip plier? For example the tool reach and sizing of the edges.

2) On the rear side motor mount I also found two spring pins / roll pins. To learn how to properly install and remove these

I found the following Youtube video:

Now I would like to buy a vise grip plier as well. But that tool is much more versatile than just using it for spring pins on the 205. So the same question as for 1 applies here. Which 205 applications to consider for buying a great vise grip plier?

Such I consider more specialty tools to do work on my 205 in a very professional manner? Specifically suspension/brake/steering related not so much for inside engine and gearbox work.

Best regards,

Maarten Verhage

Anthony

Irwin Vice grips are brilliant things frankly and one of the most versatile and frequently used tools I have, very much one where you wonder how you managed without.

On the subject of Irwin, their bolt grip nut extractor set are real life-savers as well and well worth the money.

Alan_M

Some time ago, someone off here posted up a set of Sykes Pickavant circlip pliers with swappable ends. I ordered some and they've been a very useful tool for my French and German sheds.