• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Kane

I’m wondering if someone could confirm the differences, if any, between the tu5j4/jp4 blocks and the tu3 iron blocks found in the 205. I’m looking to use a tu5 block as they’re more readily available and the correct bore for my needs but the regulations for the class I’m looking to enter require the blocks to be externally identifiable to those found in the original make/model car (hill climb regs mod prod class). 

There’s a fair few photos online of the tu5jp4 engine so if anyone has photos of the front, rear and sides of the tu3 block it would be appreciated. 

Should anyone need the tu5 block for reference see the link below:

http://rallye-project.co.uk/?tag=tu5jp4

Kane

No TU owners out there that could snap me a few photos of their engine? 

welshpug

Sandy would be the man to answer this for you I'd imagine, as he has built a few TU's for hillclimb and sprint 205's.

Kane

Haven’t seen him on here in a while. I’ll see if anyone can come up with photos before badgering him direct 

Kane

For anyone who is interested, unfortunately there are visual differences externally between the 205 TU3 iron blocks and the TU5’s. I’m not entirely sure in detail but Sandy confirmed they are easily identified. 

If anyone has a spare lying around I would be interested is taking it off of your hands. Complete iron block TU3 (from a 205) would probably be preferable. 

Arthur

Hi

I know at least some tu3 iron blocks lack piston cooling and the hole for return oil from the external oil filter housing. I did one years ago but that was an 1.4 xsi 106  from 1994. I think early tu3 iron blocks even miss the casting so you can't even drill the holes you miss.

BR Arthur

DamirGTI

I have an TU5 1,6 NFZ block here if you need a picture of it ?

Oh , and it's for sale too but i'm too far away !

D

Kane

Thanks for the offer but I’ve managed to source a complete engine from another forum member, collecting this weekend hopefully. 

Still struggling to locate a 73.2mm crank from a TU2 however. Looking like I may have to opt for a base model crank and up the piston size.