• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Cobalt_drill_bit

TU1M driveshafts replacement & all bushings

Cobalt_drill_bit

Dear forum members,

I’ve a baseline 205 with a TU1M engine, the 1.1. I realized I need to replace the driveshafts, because the left one rubber boot did cut apart. I’ve a Left Hand Drive, but I believe regarding the position of the gearbox and driveshafts, the design is the same in the UK.

Also I would like to replace the right driveshaft. Now when I’ve to deal with the intermediate bearing support in the rear motor mount I would like to renew all of the bushings and bearings in this assembly.

Motor mount

20180726_144755_short.thumb.JPG.017d3ae4e37a0893c0a85b6b544166af.JPG205_TU_rear_side_motor_mount2.PNG.c7861312ab204203393ad5e992cbb7ab.PNG

image.png.73ae516d953030aa33d77bfef8d603e3.png

I made this photo of the motor mount myself which I bought to clean it up and to equip with new bushings before replacing with the one in my car. I hope it is the same one on my car. I was a bit surprised the mount is made of aluminium. Even when I check the castiron version in the servicebox, I do end up with the same part number 1807P0. Does TU1M mean my entire engine is aluminium?

When I search for the full motor mount (bracket) item 16, OE 1807P0 I do get to just the bushing at car part stores. I’ve not much experience with bushings. I hope people can recommend me a good brand. You know, as I have a baseline 205 with a limited 1.1 engine I’m not looking for stiff bushings, like polyurethane. So a durable, comfortable bushing is nice. What I can buy are for example: Imperium, Sasic, Fortune line, Topran, Tedgum, JP Group. Any recommendations?

Right side driveshaft assembly

205_TU_right_driveshaft_middle_bearing.PNG.974beff879d06a4c78223c8d3348d209.PNG

image.png.763887f8493a383064c61b30479b5577.png

The person I bought the motor mount from claimed when I buy the right side driveshaft a bearing is usually supplied as well. Is that bearing OE 324703? The driveshaft’s I came across at car part webshops didn’t specify Peugeot OE 324703 was included. Anyway the rest of the items I should buy separately, correct? Would the Peugeot dealer be the best option for the rest of these items?

Is this bearing a tight fit? If someone has advice on the installation of this new bearing, that is surely welcome.

Driveshafts themselves

What would be the best brand driveshafts for my TU1M engine? Someone claimed I should go for a driveshaft specified for a TU3 1.4l engine, being more durable. For example SKF VKJC 4386. I’d love to hear your take on this.

Best regards,
Maarten Verhage

Edited by Cobalt_drill_bit
  • Like 1

Ozymandis

The right hand drive shaft is supplied with the bearing all ready fitted to it.

Of the brands for bushes you mention, I would get Sasic. Sasic  have genuine quality parts in their packets. Topran are garbage I used a few Mercedes and BMW parts from them and they were poor quality. The other brands I have never used.

SKF driveshafts are Chinese garbage, and in other vehicles I have had ones that simply didnt fit as they were made wrong. Try to find GKN, Spidan, Glaezner Spicer or Lobro. They are genuine quality.

I would not change bush number 18 in your parts list, the black painted steel restraint bracket in your photograph, they are very strong and your 1.1 wont have worn it at all, any wear will be in the large bush it attaches to, it will be fine.

I have never seen the mounting bracket in cast iron, all I have seen were aluminium.

• Like 2

Cobalt_drill_bit

Hi y'all,

1) I think I'm going to buy the Sasic 8003201. That's the one recommended for my OE number. On google image I found a photograph of someone who was also wondering about the correct orientation of the bushing. Does someone know this. Anyway as this is very general automotive knowledge, would there be some guidelines PDFs that explains bushing installation.

bush_orientation.jpg.d793268e624ef08ec59e60a42125a7ab.jpg

2) As for the right side driveshaft installation. I think the chance of having the bearing exactly on the right spot laterally is very slim. So what kind of tool can I use to move it in the motor mount hole? It would be pretty tight on that shaft is it?

Thanks in advance!

Maarten

• Like 1