• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Chip2257

New 205 Rallye owner saying hello!

Chip2257

Hi all!

Firstly, Hello! Great to see such an active, open forum. Loads of great stuff on here that'll keep me busy for ages :D

I'll keep it brief... been looking for a GTI/Golf for a short while as a gift for my gf, then last week, with blind luck, I stumbled across a 1992 205 Rallye in white. Instantly loved the look of the little thing, drives great, had to have it!

The only thing needing work is the interior, I've got a few wanted ads up already. Once I've got some bits it'll be a really nice motor and I'll hand over the keys to her... honest :P!

Seems a rare one, I don't know how reliable "howrareismycar" is, but that says 34 left on the roads

It does seem to have a bit of a bad rep when compared to the EU spec model, how are they seen within the community?

Already done 200 miles in it, only picked it up Wed!

Chris

dead205

Welcome Chris!!

Been off here for a long time so might as well be newie too but you'll find it's the go to place for anything you might want. Hopefully nothing has changed in that respect and the guys are as nice as they ever were.

I'd encourage you to get out and meet a few people if any are local to you. The north group meet used to be good fun even if the weather was always questionable.

Good luck with the Car, the 205 bug stays for life though so watch out!!