• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dwainb1986

mi16 conversion

dwainb1986

Hi all.ive recently got a 205gti with a blown block. Ive managed to remove the old engine and have a fully rebuilt mi16 alloy block waiting to go in. Now the problem i have is this seems a little daunting to me to before i start im just wondering what sort of price some1 would charge to put this in? Any advice greatfull thankyou

Andy

If all the plumbing, wiring and other installation fittings are in place and in good order, then the whole job should not be more than one day for someone who is experienced . However, if it is not all plain sailing, then the time needed( and therefore cost) can easily run into days if not a week.That is my view based on a few engine swaps . Others more knowledgeable  than I may be able to give a more definitive answer. 

Miles

Very difficult to say, as above it depends how much of it you have, What needs repairing and then you have to mod the wiring loom which allot can do but not very well or neatly and the exhaust manifold so it can soon add up to quite allot