• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

petert

Pace Dry Sumps

petert

My Pace dry sump pump took a beating earlier this year, when my race engine exploded. One of the scavenge stages was ruined and the other scavenge stage was only just ok. Late Feb I contacted Pace who said they'd be able to supply replacement scroll & rotors, in addition to belts, o-rings, screens etc. I sent them an email etc., but no reply. I've tried ringing several times but can't get past the front desk. It's like I don't exist. I can only assume they're going into liquidation as they refuse to return emails or calls. I gave up trying earlier this month.

A Peugeot motorsport friend suggested AT Power are very similar in their design. I contacted them and confirmed that they had 1.4" stages. They stopped short of confirming that they're identical, but were willing to sell me what ever I needed. Thus I purchased three 1.4" long scroll and rotors, which arrived on Friday. And guess what? They're identical.

This can only mean that both AT Power and Pace source their scroll & rotors from the same manufacturer. Given that many dry sump pumps are 1.1" or 1.4", with 1/2" drives (and 4mm keys), you'd have to wonder if they all come from the same manufacturer.

So the good news is that I can fully repair the Pace pump. I doubt I'd ever buy another. The support at AT Power is fantastic. They enthusiastically sent me drawings and generally bent over backwards for me. 

New AT scroll & rotor is on the left.

scroll & rotors.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

parry

Did they have belts as well Pete? I have only 1 spare now.