• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugleyrich

Good Alarm Fitter in/ around Hampshire

Pugleyrich

I'm pretty keen to get an alarm system on my 205 as I've had to disconnect my unreliable vintage Clifford alarm. I'm not in a position to wire it myself and wondered whether anyone knew of a good alarm fitter in the South? 

My car currently has a Clifford alarm and a Cobra immobilizer, both of which will need removing. I'm conscious that a lot of alarm fitters aren't actually that good and can make a mess of wiring or install a system which can be easily overridden. I'm pretty sure I'll be going for the Toad Ai606. 

It would also be helpful to know what bits of trim would need removing to do the install as I'd prefer to remove it all myself to ensure nothing is broken (or if it is, it's my own fault!) 

Current places I'm considering are "Southern Car Security Ltd" and "Dragon Car Security" - if anyone has experience using either of these companies, please let me know. 

Thanks 

Miles

Good luck, In all the systems I remove I have only seen 1 installed as it should be and took me around a hr to remove and make good again, The main thing is when they connect into the ignition wires which say are 6mm dia, the immobiliser wires are around 2mm so you can see the issue here, But hey they are factory trained but I guess these day's it's getting less of a item to install so even harder to find someone good

Pugleyrich

That's what I'm worried about Miles. I don't suppose it's something you'd do, so I know it's been done right? If not, do you know anyone good?

Miles

I can do it but not being factory trained I cannot do a cert of installation, if your at Basingstoke next weekend can have a chat then

• Like 1