• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Tell-tale lights - none work!

Justin

Hello all,

I noticed today that none of the tell-tale lights - low fuel, low oil pressure, high water and high oil temp - light up when I turn the ignition on. Assuming it's unlikely that the bulbs have gone in all of them, does anyone have an idea of why they might not work? 

They definately worked when I parked the car up 6 months ago! I also noticed that the horn and rear heated windscreen don't work, but assume that is down to the main fuse board being old and having a broken connection to their common fuse as others have suggested.

Cheers,

Justin. 

jackherer

Low fuel only comes on when the fuel is actually low and there isn't a high oil temp light so they're OK.

The oil pressure tell tale is actually triggered by the low oil pressure switch when the engine is off, it should also turn the high coolant temp and stop lights on simultaneously but it is all triggered from that one switch.

Check the oil pressure switch is plugged in and if it is try grounding it to the engine block, this should turn all the lights on I mentioned above.

If so it's probably the oil pressure switch which has failed, if not check the wiring but I seem to remember I did it so I'm hoping it isn't that :)

Justin

Thanks Kieran!

Wiring is all fine you'll be pleased to hear! I managed to squeeze my hand in and unplug/redo the connection several times which did the trick. 

I'll give it a proper clean in the daylight. 

Justin. 

• Like 1