• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Clutch release fork

Andy

Technical query. I tried to do the last , easy job on my be3 Mi16 box rebuild, and install the clutch fork and new white bushes. That bit was easy . Now for the problem. Once installed, two things have happened . The first is that the input shaft is not central between the forks. That is, the release pin looks as if it is a bit too high, even though it is seated in the lower bush fully. The second problem is that when I offered up the release bearing , the fork arms are too short for the plastic clips on the bearing to engage on the arms correctly . The release arm cams  with the gearbox and had clearly been in there for some time, and the replacement bushes I have are identical to the ones I took out  but when I looked on service box, the diagram for the arm for the be 3 box  is stepped at the bottom so that the lower bush has a further plastic insert to take up the reduced  diameter of the pin. Mine is  parallel along  it’s entire length and looks like the one fitted in a box mated to a xantia . My box also does not have that large rectangular  hole in the bellhousing that a plastic cover fits  in to .

Any thoughts on this one folks. In the end, I can rob my existing gearbox of the above bits when I remove it , but I wanted to keep that box complete as I fully rebuilt it only , effectively , 6000miles ago and if I sell it, I would prefer to do so as a complete box. .

image.jpg

image.jpg

Andy

I have done a bit more reading. No ‘j’ stamped on the top of the pin, so white bushes would seem to be the order of the day. Snag is that with this arm and white bushes, the fingers are not central on the input shaft and too short . It looks like I need an arm with the longer fingers but the  puzzle is why the one I have is wrong?

Utterly bemused !