• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
erbs

First day back on the road

erbs

Bought a pair of brand new driving lights a few years back for really reasonable money, went out today for the first time in 2 years and you guessed it, drivers side driving light succumbed to a beating and has got a lovely hole through the glass, got spare glass but how annoying is that, not going to buy new ones on eBay for £400 which is horrendous considering how easy they break.

love my car but it keeps giving me jobs lol.

AlexRS2782

Possibly worth fitting a set of driving light covers to save them in the future?  Even if it's just a case of fitting them before taking the car out?  I'm not a massive fan of them, but I think Desborough have reproduced a pretty decent authentic / period looking set in clear or yellow.

Regarding expenditure on cars, I'm not looking forward to the bill that's forthcoming for mine during April / May as it needs a fair bit doing to get it running right, plus the MOT's due this month so I've already splashed out for a set of 4 new tyres as the old ones have pretty much reached the end of their life (not bad for 8 1/2 years).  New exhaust being built this month via Miles / Torque Technique too.

I'm sure Miles will be cursing when the car gets dropped off to him later this month :hehe:

To make it worse i'm trying to get my Focus RS road legal again too, having spent 7 years off the road, so that's not cheap either given the work required to get it going again.

All good fun - possibly.