• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Agreed valuation insurance quote

Yes, it's a what's my car worth post, sorry!  Not insured the 205 for a couple of years, but getting it back on the road for this summer.  Never had an agreed value on any policy before.  Firstly, is it worth it?  Lancaster only charge £18 more, so it would seem so, perhaps.

However, the next question is what value to put on it.  I know this might be difficult without seeing it, but you lot have a pretty good idea of real world prices.

Miami blue (glass out respray a few years ago, not concours, but pretty good)

140k miles

gti6 engine, brakes, billies, quaife etc, so fairly modified though still looks pretty standard from the outside.

Overall, it's in very nice condition (if I say so myself!).

I'm thinking between £5-7k  Is that about right?  Prices seem all over the place, so I'm finding it a little difficult to pin down.

Thanks

Pete

Telf

Mines on agreed value, 257K 1.9 -completely original. Currently insured for £3.5K I think.

I wouldn't be so bold as to price yours - look on ebay and piston heads for ideas. Some of the sellers are dreamers in my opinion.

When mines done I was thinking I'd insure it between 6 to 8K - I dunno what its worth, its subjective and it wont ever be for sale. I do know however how much its cost me to get it to where it is and the likely amount to finish!

I think original unmodified probably (maybe) hold higher value but again that's just my opinion.

A friend of mine in the insurance industry said agreed value doesn't mean that much because of the extraordinary lengths people go to to make the insurers think they own a mint vehicle!

Edited by Telf

pp205

I’ve got an agreed value, limited mileage policy of £5k with Greenlight, randomly found out the other day that it’s not actually covered if it gets stolen as it hasn’t got a cat 1 alarm/immobiliser!

With regard to price you need to think about what you’re comfortable with receiving should the worst happen. As I said mines at £5k. Could I get more than that if I sold it? Possibly, but certainly not some of the (crazy in my opinion) values that some people are asking for on eBay etc of £10k+. What I do know is that I could replace it with another of a similar spec/condition with £5k and, as always, spend a load more to get it to the standard that I’d want! 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Hi,

If anyone ever needs any help with agreed value insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

ciarandeery1

My topaz blue with 58k is agreed now at £13000

205Rallee

Got my two 205's on agreed valuations at £20k each, £260 premium covering both cars.

johniban

Mine is pretty  much similar to yours except i have jneveys and omex, 

Last two years it was insured at £5k agreed value with adrian flux, its been garaged and rarely used for two years.

They tried to take the piss with this years premium so i cancelled the policy and just took the car off the road for now.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
On 24/03/2018 at 6:29 PM, johniban said:

Mine is pretty  much similar to yours except i have jneveys and omex, 

Last two years it was insured at £5k agreed value with adrian flux, its been garaged and rarely used for two years.

They tried to take the piss with this years premium so i cancelled the policy and just took the car off the road for now.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. If you wanted to PM your details I'd be happy to look into the premium for you to see if there is anything better we can do. Do you have at least "laid up insurance" on the vehicle at the moment?

Regards,

Dan.