• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Arthur

Custom exhaust

Arthur

Hello

I'm working on a C2 vts engine to be built in my 205. I'm going to use be4r gearbox also. It's a 1985 model so no emission demands here in Holland and no cat. I will be making a custom exhaust. I want the best compromise between power and sound. I don't want too much sound. Would like to hear the (open) inlet sound better then the exhaust. I'm thinking 2 inch system will be big enough. 

Is there any real reason to go 2,5 inch, besides converting fossil fuel into noise? 

Can anyone tell me what I need in terms of bends and lengths I need from the subframe too the end. 3 bends of 30 degrees, or do I need to order 45 degrees also? 

welshpug

2" should be more than enough unless its a full race engine well over 200 bhp.

as for what bends you need I have no idea, i would get hold of a Standard 205 TU front pipe and measure that.

Arthur

It's going to be 145 hp-ish. Of course I can measure. But I'm lazy :lol:

I have a pipe to measure, but it's under the car. It's a xy engine at the moment so not sure if the middle and end pipe is the same as tu. 

Edited by Arthur

Arthur

Hello

Back working on this. I have all the piping in house now to start working on the manifold and the rest. I only need to get exhaust damper(s) now. Is there any way to predict the amount of noise? It will be a 4 x 1,5 inch into 2 x 1,17 inch into 2 inch manifold. I was thinking about simons dampers, but they only have absorption-type dampers. 

In the past I had an 106 with turbo with 2,5 inch and 1 absorption damper. Although i thought the turbo would do a lot of damping is was very load. Will the fact that I'm now using 2 inch make a big difference? 

BG Arthur. 

Arthur

23376450_1500956469983474_78622706167684

29496677_1625583230854130_31287523406456

Edited by Arthur

Cobalt_drill_bit

Hi Arthur,

I'm from the Netherlands too. I've a TU1M engine 205. Would you tell me where you bought the bents? And what type of metal is that?

Maybe someday interesting for me as well.

Best regards,

Maarten Verhage

Arthur

nl-metalen rvs304