• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

slobberingant

Crossmember Seal 5174 03 Location

slobberingant

Where does item 6 on the drawing below go? Part number 5174 03 and described (possibly incorrectly?) as cross member seal.

This thread would answer my question but the pictures don't work! It apparently sits between the ARB plate and the end of the arm shaft. Isn't that describing item 5 on the diagram below?

I don't think my rear beam had this when I disassembled it.

Any photos of it sitting in it's home would be appreciated!

2C51E01A.gif

Tom Fenton

Both 5 and 6 fit on the anti roll bar end plates.

• Thanks 1

slobberingant

So 5 is internal to the trailing arm shaft and sits on the arm spigot. 6 is external between the end plate and back of the trailing arm and is sandwiched between the two?

Anthony

5 is the black rubber bushing that supports the anti-roll bar and sits between the inside of the trailing arm shaft and the outside of the splined part of the ARB end plate.

6 is the yellow foam seal that sits between the end of the trailing arm shaft and the inside edge of the teardrop shaped part of the ARB end plate.

On original beams that haven't been touched in 20+ years, #6 is typically disintegrating and the remains adhered to the ARB end plate.  #5 is usually still in good condition.

• Thanks 1

slobberingant

Thanks for the clarification.

I must have completely forgotten this part last time I took the beam apart as it wasn't there this time!