• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug Monkey

How to hide engine bay wiring / looms

Pug Monkey

Greetings Peeps,

I'm after some tips and tricks on how to hide the wiring loom in a 205's engine bay. Attached is a pic of what I will be running but uugh, the wiring is a mess if I leave it in the standard position.

Thanks for any light you can shed.

Regards,

Mark.

20180120_182102.jpg

Anthony

Not strictly speaking hiding the loom, but running the engine management/sensor loom through the passenger side underneath the expansion tank (on RHD cars) makes it look miles tidier on it own.

That's how I tend to do the wiring on GTi-6 conversions and anything aftermarket.  Has the added advantage that it keeps the loom away from the exhaust manifold on an XU engine, particularly in the case of a GTi-6 manifold that sits very close to where the original loom runs.

petert

And run the loom under the battery tray, out of sight. Branch off for CAS, starter, sensors etc.

welshpug

make a new loom from modern wiring, run it under the inlet and across fromt he left side of the vehicle as mentioned, re-route the two brown under dash plugs to near the fusebox and take the wiring through that side.

Pug Monkey

Bewdy,

Thank you.

my3AWDgst

This how I got it done on my MI16,luckily I had room for GTI6 battery box. ECU is in same location where GTI6 ECU would be located,I shortened engine harness and used factory pins and connectors.

F5C9A9F1-4EDB-4EB0-8757-1AE92D68EB32.jpeg

• Like 1