• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MattCPR

Anti climax to my project

MattCPR

Car stripped, repaired (including new genuine panels, re sprayed, body kit re sprayed correct colour, Wheels powder coated correct colour, new tyres,  new lights, badges, windscreen.

Underneath cleaned ready for wax oiling, just to find some absolute idiot has jacked it up in the wrong place, disturbed a grommet and now I have uncovered a 4x4” inch hole in the floor which escaped 2 MOT’s. Only reason I found it was because I was checking all grommets were clear and noticed it wasn’t sat right. One tap with a hammer and heard the unmistakeable noise of a rice crispie. Thankfully rest of the floor is solid. (Picture of car attached to give me some positive thoughts before I get the grinder out on a car that WAS going for MOT in 2 days) 

6CFEDAB4-BD85-495D-933B-65F872E4B841.jpeg

Leslie green

Most of them have at least a little rust now ,which isn't bad given how old they are .

MattCPR
5 hours ago, Leslie green said:

Most of them have at least a little rust now ,which isn't bad given how old they are .

Yeah true, it’s just a shame this was caused by something that didn’t need to happen. 

tartanbloke
8 hours ago, MattCPR said:

Yeah true, it’s just a shame this was caused by something that didn’t need to happen.

If it didn't happen now, it would have in a number of years down the line but it would be much worse. Ironically, this is a blessing in disguise.

dobboy

I'd look at Bilt Hammer products before you wax oil.

Car looks lovely btw.

MattCPR
2 hours ago, dobboy said:

I'd look at Bilt Hammer products before you wax oil.

Car looks lovely btw.

I’ve used Indasa underbody coating, you don’t really see much of it outside of the trade but it’s good. Dries really matt with no stickyness. Stripped some bits off it before I did it and cleaned them up because someone before has just bladdered the underneath in horrible sticky wax oil, I mean an exhaust heat shield really doesn’t need wax oiling does it? :)